Date: 2013/03/11 (Mon)
Venue: Mini Theatre, The GoodLab
Fee: Good Lab member – free Non-member – HKD 200 (pay at the door)
Main themes of this talk /
- What is Lean Startup and Customer Development methodology? Why does everyone talk about these methodologies when few truly use them?
- What causes the most difficulty to early-stage startups and entrepreneurs? And how to solve that.
- Most of the world does not look like Silicon Valley, so why do we build companies as though we’re serving the valley?
- Why focusing on fundraising and pitching too early is often a waste of time.
- Advantages and disadvantages of working on a startup in Hong Kong.
- What you can do today even if you’re not ready to start or join a startup.
Paul Orlando bio /
Paul runs a pre-accelerator Lean Startup program called Startups Unplugged, now starting its 3rd cohort, as well as a mobile startup accelerator called AcceleratorHK. Paul is a former startup founder in New York and enjoys being back in Hong Kong. He’s proud of being part of a winning team from the 2012 TechCrunch Disrupt New York Hackathon. Paul speaks Mandarin fluently and can get by in Cantonese.