- This event has passed.
General Assembly: Improv for the Business World
February 23, 2013 @ 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM| $315.25
Life and business don’t come with a script. Unpredictable things happen, so to thrive in an uncertain world you have to stay calm, think quickly, take bold action, pay attention to the response and change course accordingly. That’s exactly what improvisation performers do. In this class you will learn to use these key improv skills to help you succeed in business. Note this class will be capped at 20 participants.
- Anyone who wants to thrive, personally and professionally, in an uncertain world
- Business owners and managers who want to lead their teams to success
- An understanding of the basic principles of improv and how they apply to life and business
- An improv mindset – a new way of approaching challenges
- Skills and techniques for better leadership, communication, teamwork, trust, creativity, confidence, experimentation, intelligent risk-taking, problem-solving and just plain fun!
No pre-requisites; no improv or acting experience required. All students must be willing to jump in and participate in class – no observers.
Wear casual, comfortable clothes and soft-soled shoes, and be prepared to move around in class.
Kay Ross is an experienced actor and improv performer – she’s a member of the local English-language comedy improvisation troupe People’s Liberation Improv. She’s also an entrepreneur (she’s the boss of her own marketing consulting/editing/copywriting firm, Kay Ross Marketing), is an in-demand public speaker and corporate trainer, and is passionate about personal development and healing. The common thread that connects all three of her passions (marketing, performing and healing) is storytelling.